Skip to main content

Still Here For Keir

In the aftermath of the local election results my party didn't do well in some areas we did well, Mark Drakeford held the Senedd, Sadiq Khan got re-elected as the Mayor of London we had a good showing with Metro Mayoral elections including Andy Burnham and Tracey Brabin being re-elected and elected respectively. In addition we also took over a few sets in the south. 

But we can't sugar coat the final result was bad for us, However we can not and must not tear ourselves apart as a party. I voted for and still Support Keir, I would urge my party to remember just how badly our party did in 2019 I still have a strong bout of PTSD from that evening when longstanding safe Labor seats turned blue. we still have a lot of work to do as a party it won't happen over night.

I remember staying up during the night watching in total depression and horror as the constituency results slowly emerged and eventually crashed into bed at six in the morning feeling totally deflated, that feeling still hasn't gone. It was the day after that I officially joined the Labour party as a member at least I will never be accused of being a glory chaser! I joined the party to help rebuild it after the destruction. 

So on to rebuilding....If we are to win back power and get back into Downing Street then we need to unite one hundred percent with each other and take the argument and debate to the Conservatives. Each faction whether they be Corbynistas, Blairites, Bennities or Brownites etc etc. need to work with each other and stop this constant infighting it is achieving absolutely nothing and will get us no where. All factions need to put their differences aside. The amount of times on Twitter and other social media sites I have seen people from my own party argue with each other a lot is unreal we need to save that energy instead to challenge the Conservatives in addition we also need to build a platform and case to the electorate.

We can not afford to let the Conservatives win another general election over the last eleven year they have divided the country with Brexit introduced toxic austerity and now they are brining in voter ID laws that will make it harder for people to vote and our rights to protest are looking in doubt. Now more than ever Labour needs to drop it's differences with each other and instead focus our energy on getting reelected and winning over the hearts of the people in Great Britain.

I urge every single member of the Labour party to remember how they felt on the morning after the last election in 2019 when the results were clear we can not let history repeat itself we need to fully unite now. We need to fully get behind Keir Starmer one hundred percent and be a united force. I really want our party to get back to Downing Street so we can improve the lives of everyone in the country.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Right Keir Right Now

So I was part way writing a general review of the Labour Party conference when something amazing happened Keir Starmer stepped up to the podium yesterday and gave a tour de force performance and speech that has firmly cemented his leadership. It was full of detail and great oratory. He met heckles with great rebuttals and responses. He had multiple standing ovations and it met with great responses. Keir has turned Labour into an election winning machine, backed up by Jeremy Hunt saying that Keir is a threat to the Conservatives like Tony Blair was back in the nineties.    This years conference has been tricky in spots with Andy McDonald resigning but for leader Keir Starmer however he has risen to the occasion, brushed it off and has pivoted in a good way even making a few jokes at the same time. Keir has had the biggest hospital pass of leadership in living memory the only time when I can think of a dramatic change of leadership is when Margaret Thatcher transferred power to ...

WhatsAppening

Since the office of Prime Minster was created three hundred years ago we have never really known what to do with former holders or how to manage their conduct out of office. Unlike America Presidents have a clear defined afterlife they are still referred to as President, they have an established office, are there to advise current Presidents and are required to create an official library where document their presidency. Across the pond once a Prime Minister has seen the Monarch on his or her last day then that’s it they go back to being a normal citizen albeit with a security detail and an allowance to maintain a vague political office.  Most former Prime Minsiters have faded back into obscurity John Major went into business, Gordon Brown went back to scotland where he makes a few public appearances as does Tony Blair. Recently David Cameron has kept a vaguely low profile where he does a lot of charity work and volunteered with the Ukrainian war effort but has also been in several ...

Guess Who's Back...Back Again

So I haven’t been blogging for a while but I thought I would get tapping again. Since my last post I have stood as a candidate for the Borough elections and I’m still a village councillior. But what has been happing nationally? The current health of the Governemnt feels like it’s on life support historically we are in the mid to late nineties Margaret Thatcher had been ousted from office leading to the John Major Government. Where he held on to power whilst scandal after scandal hit the Goverment and the Conservatives seemed tired and out of gas. Fast forward to today and we seem to be in groundhog day. Where do you start with this current Government? In the last two years we have had three Prime Ministers lurching from scandal to scandal Boris Johnson’s premiership crashed and burned due to his incompetence in handling the Chris Pincher case, partygate and the Owen Patterson lobbying scandal. Then he was replaced by Liz Truss who plunged the economy into the abyss. Truss didn’t even m...